- In a recent study by realtor.com, homeowners noted some of the main things they would change about their homes to make them more livable.
- Not surprisingly, more space, an updated kitchen, and a home gym rose to the top of the list.
- If you’re thinking of selling this year, having these items in your listing might make your house more desirable than ever to potential buyers.
- If you’re thinking of buying a home and you’re not sure where to start, you’re not alone.
- Here’s a guide with 10 simple steps to follow in the homebuying process.
- Be sure to work with a trusted real estate professional to find out the specifics of what to do in your local area.
- If you’re thinking of buying a home, plan ahead and stay on the right track, starting with pre-approval.
- Being proactive about the homebuying process will help set you up for success in each step.
- Make sure to work with a trusted real estate professional along the way, to help guide you through the homebuying steps specific to your area.
- With interest rates around 3.66%, now is a great time to look back at where they’ve been over the past few decades. Comparatively, they’re pretty low!
- According to Freddie Mac, rates are projected to increase to 3.9% by this time next year.
- The impact your interest rate has on your monthly mortgage payment is significant. An increase of just $20 dollars in your monthly payment can add up to $240 per year and $7,200 over the life of your loan.
- Maybe it’s time to lock in now, while rates are still historically low.
- Many buyers are purchasing homes with down payments as little as 3%.
- You may already qualify for a loan, even if you don’t have perfect credit.
- Your local professionals are here to help you determine how much you can afford, so take advantage of the opportunity to learn more.
- Historically, the choice between renting or buying a home has been a tough decision.
- Looking at the percentage of income needed to rent a median-priced home today (27.7%) vs. the percentage needed to buy a median-priced home (17.5%), the choice becomes obvious.
- Every market is different. Before you renew your lease again, find out if you can put your housing costs to work by buying this year!